The GAITF EXECOM is responsible for the screening of new applicants for Affiliation, monitoring of the performance of affiliate associations, and supervision of affiliate related activities. For this purpose, it develops Affiliation policies and procedures which are subsequently approved by the Board of Trustees.
By upgrading its Affiliation requirements, the Global Academy Institute of Technology Foundation assists its members in fulfilling their commitment to their donors, partners and clients, and the general public as a whole. GAITF improves the capacities of its affiliate to deliver innovative, quality programs for Philippine development, consistent with the highest professional and ethical standards. Therefore, all affiliates of Global Academy Institute of Technology Foundation must subscribe and abide by the following:
- GAITF Memorandum
- GAITF Policies
- GAITF Operation Manual
Requirements for Affiliation
- Affiliation is open only to private, non-stock, non-profit organizations where no part of its income is distributable as dividends to its members, trustees, or officer and is duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). A substantial portion of their income must be devoted to social services and development, scientific, educational, charitable, and/or activities serving the common welfare.
- The organization must be created NOT for the financial benefit of its Founders or its members.
- The percentage of administrative/overhead cost in relation to the total revenue/income of the fiscal year should in no way exceed 30% in compliance with government requirements.
- A funding association must have an office with at least one responsible operating representative. An operating organization must have an appropriate professional staff.
- The Board should be an independent, volunteer body. It is responsible for policy setting, governance, fiscal guidance and should regularly review the organization’s policy, programs and operations.
- The organization must have been in operation for at least one full year, to prove that its projects are geared towards fulfilling its stated mission and goals.
- Affiliation in GAITF is of two kinds:
a. ASSOCIATE – open to all Associations that have been in active operation for at least one year. They shall be entitled to all privileges except that their representatives may not vote or be voted upon as EXECOM Member.
b. REGULAR – open to all AssociatIons that have been in active operation for at least three years and can satisfy all other membership requirements. Representatives of regular members may vote at all EXECOM Meeting of GAITF and are eligible for election to as EXECOM Member of GAITF.
An associate Affiliation may be upgraded to regular Affiliation on the following terms:
a) Regular payment of annual dues.
b) Regular submission of annual report and audited financial statements.
c) Regular submission of the General Information Sheet (GIS).
d) Attendance to ALL EXECOM Meeting.
e) Letter of intent to be upgraded to regular Affiliation.
Aside from a one-time processing fee of Five Hundred (P500.00) pesos for applicants, all affiliates shall be charged annual dues of Five Hundred (P500.00) pesos. GAITF has adopted a system of socialized dues based on the organization’s assets using the scheme below:
Affiliate to be considered in good standing should abide by the following:
- prompt payment of its annual dues
- regular submission of latest annual report and/or program of activities
- regular submission of audited financial statements stamped and signed “RECEIVED” by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- regular submission of the annual General Information Sheet (GIS) stamped and signed “RECEIVED” by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- regular attendance in GAITF EXECOM Meeting.
Required Documents/Enclosures to the Application Form:
The following documents/papers should accompany Affiliation applications:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Audited Financial Report of the last three (3) years stamped and countersigned as “RECEIVED” by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- General Information Sheet (GIS) of the last three (3) years stamped and countersigned as “RECEIVED” by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Brief Description of Current Programs
- Annual Reports, Brochures, etc. of the last three (3) years
- List of current Board of Trustees members with their occupation/affiliations and contact addresses and numbers.
- Organizational Chart
Only applications with complete attachments (documents listed above) will be considered for screening by the GAITF Affiliation Committee.
An application processing fee of Five Hundred Pesos (P500.00) is payable to the Global Academy Institute of Technology Foundation upon submission of the application form.
Application documents must be submitted to:
The Executive Director
GLOBAL ACADEMY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY FOUNDATION, INC.
Poblacion, Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
For inquiries, please call the GAITF Hotline numbers Smart: 0910-8328800 & Globe: 0936-4719888 or send an email to email@example.com.